Backend Engineer at FamPay (YC' 19/ Sequoia)
Posted by Vardhan Koshal (@fampay)
Use this link to apply: https://join.fampay.in/HJ
FamPay is India’s first payment app for teenagers and their families. With FamPay, minors can do UPI, P2P and card payments without the need to set up a bank account. FamPay allows parents to send money to their kids below the age of 18, which they can spend securely any time, anywhere, under parent’s supervision. FamPay aims at making payments smooth and fun for children.
Founded by IIT Roorkee alumni and backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, we are on a mission to drive 250 Million Indian teenagers on a smooth and fun-filled journey from cash to digital. We are raising a new, financially aware generation who understands the fundamentals of personal finance and is capable of making decisions in their best long term interest.
About this Role
We are looking for builders of the 1st order. The ones who get a rush from creating things from scratch and take pleasure in watching users try to tear it apart through sheer volume and strange, unthinkable use cases. And when it breaks, they cannot sleep without finding that pesky little condition in some forgotten corner. Let's get on the ship together?
- Craft clean, manageable code and maintain proper documentation
- Create, test and deploy the applications on production servers
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies and frameworks to maximize development efficiency
- Experience of minimum 2 years and max 6 years in designing and developing complex server-side components
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with DevOps and writing REST APIs & microservices architecture
- Strong programming expertise in Python, Django will be an added advantage
- Good understanding of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Exposure to Cloud Platforms like AWS (preferred), Azure or Google Cloud
- Unix command-line experience
- Well-versed with Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrate the ability to be a self-starter and learn quickly
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning and implementing new technologies
Why should you join us?
Every once a while, a product comes to life that makes people think, why this was not done earlier? The users love it, the investors dream about the great returns and the team feels the joy and pride every day. We have strong indicators for users and investors and we are building the team, that will have stories to tell all their life.
We believe that a great product is built by a high-quality team that finds purpose and joy in their work and we put heavy emphasis on having fun at work.
- Competitive Salary
- Gadgets of your choice
- All meals on the house
- Medical Insurance
- Books of your choice
- Fitness Vouchers
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer