Posted by Varsha Chambyal (@varshachambyal)
Exceleron Software, LLC is a software development company specializing in hosted
applications for the prepaid utility industry. Founded in 1999, Exceleron originally
focused on developing a prepaid alternative for the telecommunication industry.
Since 2004, the company has concentrated on meeting the needs of electric service
Exceleron’s MyUsage™ Prepaid (formerly known as PAMS) is a patented, hosted
solution for managing prepaid accounts for electricity, gas, water, and/or other utility
services. MyUsage Prepaid is transforming the utility industry by reducing write-offs
and bad debt, improving customer service, and encouraging conservation.
Key Skills: AWS, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform,
Packer, Vagrant, Vault, Azure, Git, CI/CD, Continuous Integration, Bamboo, SVN,
Octopus, Team City, ECS, Salt
The focus of your role:
We want passionate, energetic Platform Engineers to work as part of an agile team
to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open
source software. We're looking for Engineers that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves
and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge.
What you'll bring:
You'll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don't
worry if you haven't got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting
new technical skills, then we'd really like to talk to you.
- Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS or Azure in a production system.
- Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins
- Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt)
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK,
Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc )
- Experience using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java within an existing,
- Experience working in multidisciplinary Agile teams.
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing
- Security knowledge including Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM,
- Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer