QA Automation Engineer (Python)
Posted by Varsha Chambyal (@varshachambyal)
Exceleron Software (www.exceleron.com) is North America’s leading provider of prepaid and payment utility solutions. We are looking to hire a full-time Lead Software Architect to assist our growing team with software architecture and engineering for our Software as a Service platform MyUsage.com and our credit card gateway MyUsagePayments.com.
The QA Automation Engineer will work on adding automation tests to Exceleron’s custom built Python Selenium, Appium, and pytest framework. The engineer will build scripts to test Exceleron’s API interfaces, perform SQL database validation, backend automation processes, and UI automation. The QA Automation Engineer will work closely with the DevOps engineering team to integrate the automation within the continuous integration process.
Flexibility, a strong teamwork approach, and the desire to work in a fast-paced environment are necessary for success.
- Design, develop, and release Python automation to address business needs
- Work with the DevOps team to integrate automation with the CI/CD pipeline
- Peer code review of the team’s Python code
- Prioritize automation test cases with the Testing Manager and business based on business need
- 2+ years of experience in Python test automation
- Proficiency with SQL databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Outstanding individual initiative; extremely driven and able to successfully set priorities, drive decisions and get closure on recommendations and issues
- Experience with Agile methodologies and systems such as Scrum, Kanban
- Ability to communicate and document designs and concepts to other team members effectively
- Solid understanding of QA best practices in the development life cycle
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience within DevOps and integration CI
- Experience in integrating test automation with a test script tool such as TestRail
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer