What would you be doing?
- Your mission will be to ensure that our platform and infrastructure are always available, scalable, fast and engineered to withstand the unpredictable demands of the user base.
- You will design and develop the systems that run our products, and build and maintain tools for configuration, deployment, monitoring, scaling and operations.
- You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and work with just about every other engineering team.
- You will be looked upon as an expert to fellow engineers on making design and reliability trade-offs in running large scale services and engineering complex systems that fail gracefully and transparently to users.
What skill-sets should you have?
- You should have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You should be fluent in coding.
- You have persuasive communication skills, insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to tackle complex problems.
- You can solve tasks in a generic way that can be automated (so no task is ever done manually, twice).
- You can manage the availability, latency, scalability and efficiency, ensuring the platform has 100% up-time.
- You participate in capacity planning and forecasting, performance testing, and system tuning.
- You can perform root cause analysis of production issues and provide a report which includes recommendations for identifying future issues more quickly as well as preventing future failures entirely, whether through process or technology improvements.
- You manage backups and disaster recovery, including backup monitoring and verification, and leading restoration tests and disaster recovery drills.
- You have the ability to handle on-call and out-of-band requests.
Linux Utilities, Understanding of OS and Network, Understanding of DS and Algorithms, Strong logical skills.
Shell scripting, Python/Java, CI tools, NoSQL (Cassandra, ELK), Docker, Configuration management.
What can you expect from us?
- The opportunity to come face-to-face with the entire spectrum of software development.
- Design and build infrastructure for solutions that will improve the lives of millions every day.
- Interact with people who are just as much fun to be around.
- Work with great beings who possess great minds – yes, we are helpful, compassionate and wicked smart.
- We boast of a multicultural team that’s headquartered in Chicago.
Still not convinced? Read on.
- We have a table tennis table and an Xbox (we also go out and play cricket).
- Evica – our rooftop café that serves three meals a day (Fridays are Biryani days and we have a live Dosa counter!). You heard that right.
- We know how awesome our café is, so we have a gym in place. We want you healthy, but up and running all the time.
- We are in Koramangala 4th Block. It really doesn’t get any better than this!
- Wait, did we forget? - the pizzas and cakes on top of everything!
Come work with us! We’ve got everything you need. Show us what you got!
- Annual Bonuses.
- Nishka, our stock option for outstanding performers.
- Transparent Appraisals and Awards.
- A clearly defined Career Path to help you understand and analyze your course of action.
- Live breakfast counter, wholesome lunches, and evening tea and snacks. Every day.
- Free conferences and events, especially tech.
- Yoga sessions to help you rejuvenate.
We like surprising people generously, so you have to work with us to know more about all the perks!