Build the core of eSamudaay Platform, services and APIs in spectacularly robust fashion.
We are building a community commerce platform to empower entrepreneurs with DIY digital tools and enable them to run digital businesses, serve their communities and spark grassroots local innovations.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and services by writing beautiful and high quality code, tests, and documentation.
- Design, implement, and deploy configurable tools for infrastructure
- Fix bugs fast and taking your time to solve hard problems well
- Design and deliver performant, reliable, well-tested and high-performance systems using test-driven development.
- Actively engage in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- 2+ years of software development experience
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Enjoy and have experience building backend infrastructure
- Strong foundation of data structures and algorithms. Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, API design, data modeling, and distributed systems fundamentals
- Strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modelling, and scale Experience in writing automated tests as part of your development workflow (even better if you do it TDD)
- Familiarity with Python and/or Django.
- Experience with relational databases.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
Read about our technical stack here
- You Know your way around Linux
- You are a product-minded developer who cares about the "Why" - Why build this feature? How will we measure impact?
- You are a generalist (or a T-shaped/Full Stack developer) rather than a specialist, excited by problems that require a mix of frontend and backend skills, and unblocking anything that stands in the way of success.
- Familiarity with AWS/DigitalOcean infrastructure
- Experience with celery or other task queues
We’ve put together this short guide to give you an idea of what your interviews will involve.
Knowing our technology stack will help you get a better understanding of what you will work on as part of eSamudaay.
At eSamudaay, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer