This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Posted by Sowmya Lakshmi V M (@sowmyalakshmi10)
The Analytic Consulting Group partners with both internal and external clients, and data providers, leveraging predictive analytics and advanced statistical techniques to drive strategic thought and effective decision making. The Senior Statistician is responsible for applying and interpreting various statistical and data analysis techniques in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide quality, statistically valid analysis and related output
- Collaborate with cross-functional internal resources
- Master the desktop and UNIX/WINDOWS toolset (SAS, SAS ODS, R, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) to create content for evaluating statistical analyses such as tables, reports, graphs, etc.
- Access and extract data from a variety of sources of all sizes (including client marketing databases) via SAS Access, SQL, etc.
- Manipulate raw data into analysis-ready datasets using SAS/SQL
- Proficiently apply and interpret various analytic techniques such as regression analysis (both linear and non-linear), cluster analysis, CHAID, factor analysis/principal component analysis, time series, survival models, experimental designs using SAS and other statistical software
- Provide proficient problem solving and data analysis, derived from modeling and statistical experience
- Document and articulate steps taken in an analysis to project managers
- Answer questions about data sets and analyses
- Take a proactive, independent role in analysis design, project planning and execution
- QC data and results produced by data analyst, statistician, other project team members
- Present statistical results to both technical and non-technical audience in a clear manner
- Master all the group’s policies and procedures for programming, project documentation, and system management
- Become proficient with…
- the primary analyses delivered by ACG (found in the Insider’s Guide)
- Epsilon data assets
- the SAS macro library
- Effectively manage time and resources in order to deliver on time / correctly on several (2-3) concurrent projects
- Act as a statistical or modeling mentor to Statisticians
- Perform two tasks related to the role of Manager, Statistics during the year
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Marketing Analytics) or significant relevant coursework
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Proficiency with various statistical methodologies such as regression analysis (both linear and non-linear), cluster analysis, CHAID, factor analysis/principal component analysis, time series, survival models, experimental designs using SAS and other statistical software
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS/SQL programming
- Familiarity and basic knowledge of open source statistical programs like R, Python and KNime
- Strong analytic thought process and ability to interpret findings
- Acute attention to detail (QA/QC)
- Proficiency in MS Office; including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Advanced degree (Master’s/PhD) in Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- Database marketing experience/knowledge
- Working knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.