Python software engineer position at an early stage startup
Posted by Pradeep Banavara
At Epic, we are redefining reward programs by giving consumers the ability and flexibility to earn and spend reward points unencumbered by providers or vendors.
To power these services and user experiences we are building a backend team. As one of the first engineers on the backend team, here are the high level requirements.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced early stage startup
- At least one open source project or Hackathon participation to showcase.
- Practical experience building web applications in Python 3 for at least 1 year.
- End to end experience of building and deploying a web service from dev to production.
- Ability to write web services in any Python web framework - Flask, Tornado or Django
- Propensity towards simplicity and code maintainability.
- Ability to natively query relational databases using SQL.
- Practical experience working with at least one nosql database.
- Familiarity with AWS.
- Source code management skills using a popular source control program such as Git.
- Experience interfacing and building applications using Cassandra/HBase
- Approved commits to any large open source codebase.
- Deployed and maintained web services that are used by internal/external users.
What the job will look like:
Mostly building Python microservices in Flask or a similar micro web framework with a MySQL and a Cassandra backend on AWS infrastructure.
What we offer:
We offer a competitive salary that is not based on years of experience, but based purely on skills and attitude. As an early engineeing hire, you have the freedom and flexibility to shape our engineering culture. Our interview process is fairly fast. We do a technical phone screen and onsite tech+behaviour interviews for about half a day and then give out the offer decision.
We are a highly collaborative team. We are somnewhat distributed with some of our designers and engineers working from as far as Brazil.
We are a pre-launch startup and are well funded.
Ability to work from home for one or two days of the week.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer