This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Software Engineer, QA and Automation
Posted by Muskaan Khilnani (@muskaankhilnani)
Note that we're not looking for just a "tester". You would be Assuring the Quality of our code and product through every means possible – that includes not only writing and executing test specifications yourself, but also empowering "developers" to contribute to QA in an efficient manner. Since automation is a big part of this role, you'd also have the opportunity to use your skills in "DevOps".
* Write and maintain test cases…
- mapped to User Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- in the form of Executable Specifications
- that serve as Living Documentation understood by even non-engineers
* Test automation:
- Own the automation of Functional and Performance Testing
- Guide the developers on Unit and Integration Testing
* Manual testing:
- Identify cases that should be tested manually.
- Apply analytical and logical thinking to discover edge cases
- Organize test specifications according to impact, component, likelihood, etc
- Critique the initial requirements and discover edge cases
- Help the Product Manager with writing Acceptance Criteria that can be part of the Living Documentation
- Evangelize and help adopt BDD and TDD within the engineering team
- Continuous Integration
- Build and Deployment automation
* 3+ years of experience in both manual and automated QA
* Proficient in following technologies:
- Git for version management
- Cucumber and Gherkin
- Page Object and/or Screenplay design patterns
- Web technologies for functional testing: essential knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS.
* Familiar with agile and iterative development processes.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Bonus points for:
- prior experience on AWS services and APIs
- familiarity with one or more of these tools: http://serenity-js.org/, http://www.thucydides.info/, https://www.hindsightsoftware.com/behave-pro
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer