This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
In order to achieve our business objectives for organic growth, it is important that New Product Development is effectively and efficiently delivered on time, in full and on cost.
This role involves the professional project management of new product launches, product portfolio changes, R&D, Edutech projects and other key business initiatives.
Leading cross functional teams nationally, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects from initial feasibility through to launch implementation.
The role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
Key Accountabilities and Outputs
- Overall responsibility for driving project “on time, in full and on cost” delivery.
- Facilitate the definition of project goals, objectives, scope, milestones and deliverables and lead the business case development for assigned projects.
- Ensure full feasibility analysis (technical and business assessment) are conducted to include all aspects of the project (not just cost).
- Define project tasks and resource requirements with the project team and resource management.
- Ensure project risks are assessed, managed and mitigated as part of the project plan.
- Review risks and changes in risk status as part of routine progress reporting.
- Project progress reporting both in written reports and presentations at all levels within the organisation.
- Change management and change control including the escalation of change issues that impact on the project fundamentals of time, cost, quality and scope.
- Collate schedules and results to ensure sign-off and handed over to customer
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
Proven experience in innovation and development projects, particularly within the Tech Startup sector, to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Ability to manage complex cross functional projects.
- Experience in managing and mitigating risk.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders, project teams, and all levels of management in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication and reporting / presentation skills.
- Proactive approach to project management and good problem-solving skills.
- Self- starter, ability to operate independently and accomplish tasks without supervision.
- Strong knowledge about stage gate development model and agile development methodology, achieved via previous work history or formal project management training a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong documentation, organization and time management skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Project Management, Marketing, Commercial degree or relevant diploma
- Advanced Jira, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and PM Tools
- Project Management accreditation would be a distinct advantage e.g. IPMA, PMI, PgMP, Prince 2 Practitioner
- Minimum 3-5 years Project Management experience,
- Demonstrated experience in project management and new product development.
- Startup experience is a must
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer