Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
Posted by Kathreen Doong (@edufied)
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing tests
- Debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.
- Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance (with at least 2 years work experience as a QA)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related subject
What is the next step forward if you are interested in this role?
- Flexible - You get to work from home, during your normal workday with pre-defined but flexible check-in times that allow us to communicate real-time
- Professional - We pay a fair wage, twice a month, on-time, quickly and directly using TransferWise and track your time using toptal.com
- Communication-focused - We use Workplace by Facebook for all communication but are also available via email or voice if needed
- People-oriented - We care about you (and your family) and we treat you like a person
- Career-oriented - We want this to be a great experience that adds to your career, so we want to make sure what you do furthers your career
When you submit your application, please include the following:
- A minimum 2-min voice recording introducing yourself and your work experience.
- Number of hours you can commit to working per week
- When you can start
- Preferred working schedule (days and times of day in PHT)
- Compensation expectations
- a) How much are you expected to be paid in PHP?
- Please indicate your expectation in Per hour & per month
- Please send us Example of a site you worked on (URL) / company you with (URL)
- What is your last drawn salary in PHP?
- Your latest CV
- Your onlinejobs ph Profile URL and other online profile (if any)
If you don't include the info based on the above bullets points, we will either delete your application or email you asking for that info. Please, just include it the first time.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer