Posted by Jay Joshi (@Jay96)
We are seeking a proactive, diligent, and collaborative DevOps Engineer to join our team. We look for self-motivated individuals who are versatile and passionate about learning, with an ability to thrive in an exciting startup environment.
Droice Labs offers a challenging, fast-paced environment with a focus on learning and real-world problem-solving in the domain of clinical NLP. Digital health data in the form of clinical text is one of the richest sources of information in patient care. Our engineers use cutting-edge technologies on vast repositories of real-world clinical data to develop technologies that power decisions to improve patient care. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of millions of people around the world.
The primary focus of the role is to work with our team of talented technologists to build, automate and maintain reliable, scalable and secure infrastructure for all engineering and development operations. You will also be responsible for providing access and technical support to multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will also be able to contribute to the design and architecture of the system of multiple cutting edge software systems.
Droice Labs is an AI/big data company based in New York City that makes sense of real-world clinical data to offer some of the world’s most advanced healthcare solutions for hospitals, life sciences, and other healthcare entities. We partner with several major healthcare systems, where we work with millions of de-identified patient clinical records to perform cutting edge AI research to power our products. Droice’s offerings are used by thousands of doctors in some of the world’s largest hospital systems and touch the lives of over 60 million patients a year. We use advanced machine learning methods to deliver unprecedented resolution in patient data to generate insights and action plans at an individual patient level, in real time.
How you’ll contribute
- Provide infrastructure management while interacting and collaborating with the Engineering Team in providing support for end-user issues & requests related to systems & applications
- Research & recommend innovative solutions and where possible implement automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Contribute to technical discussions to gather requirements, deploy infrastructure & automation solutions
- Work with Backend, Frontend, Data Science & Data Engineering counterparts to bring software and tooling features from conception to launch
- Help triage bugs, track software defects and ensure their timely resolution
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation, information sharing, microservices architecture design & development
What we’re looking for
- Over three years of experience in systems administration, DevOps automation and/or cloud solutions development
- Clear understanding of networking & storage principles, microservices architecture, and strong computer science fundamentals
- Deep knowledge of Linux internals, network architecture & network protocols
- Strong grasp of automation using scripting languages like Bash, Python & be able to automate various deployment processes using the same
- Be fully familiar with Git, Nginx, Docker, Linux
- Should be aware of managing pipelines as code to build & maintain continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) for different workflows
- Understanding of monitoring, alerting, logging frameworks
- Efficient in troubleshooting & fixing various production & performance issues in Development, Testing, Staging & Production environments
- A problem solver with exceptional analytical skills & high attention to detail
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written
Bonus points if you have
- Working experience in any Healthcare IT setup dealing with on-prem deployments
- Experience with Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, or similar technologies
- Built scalable cloud-based software architecture & deployed on AWS, GCP or Azure
- You have a fair understanding of Security best-practices (Application and Infrastructure)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer