This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
DreamSpring is a nonprofit lender headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA). You might be familiar with the place name if you've watched Breaking Bad. We run lending operations in 17 states in the US, with 10 being digital-only presence. Our primary customer base comprises small business entrepreneurs. We help them secure the necessary funding to start or expand their businesses.
About the job
The open position is for the programmer role in a small development team (currently less than 10 members) that builds and maintains the suite of apps used for managing end-to-end lending operations - origination, closing and servicing. The platform has been built from the ground up on the Ruby on Rails framework. The stack shouldn't change for the foreseeable future, but we would like to introduce the React ecosystem into it. You will also be required to take up an auxiliary support role on a regular but not daily basis.
Mode of working
We mostly follow agile engineering and extreme programming, albeit not religiously. Features to build are reprioritised regularly to ensure the most high-value ones get built. You will have the opportunity to see your work reach production as soon as it is ready to go. Despite the rapid pace, quality is something that we never compromise on.
The team works remotely, but every member is currently based in India. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the office space in Bangalore has been released, but when the time comes, we would look for another space as there is no real substitute for being co-located.
The nature of the relationship will be that of an independent contractor since there is no registered subsidiary of the organization outside the US. Not to worry though, you will be a true member of the team. The implications do not extend beyond the legal obligations of being an independent contractor.
- Design robust, scalable and secure features on the existing platform to meet the needs of the organization
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring and code standards)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
- Good experience with Ruby on Rails
- First-hand nature of writing tests (RSpec, Jasmine, etc)
- Fluent and proactive communication (English only)
- Good logical and mathematical skills
- Independent drive and high sense of responsibility
We will be upfront about this. The interview process is not short and will comprise of a multi-part programming challenge complemented by technical discussions and pair programming rounds, but it'll be worth your while!
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer