This post is from delium.co, which may or may not be affiliated with delium.ai
Software engineering at Delium is all about building autonomous software that can self-drive aspects of businesses. Currently, we are building self-drive software personas for the core retail problems (replenishment being one such problem) that use machine learning to read the current business book, forecast outcomes and self-drive execution to achieve outcomes. The system is built such that it is capable of knowing what and when it should ask for human intervention.
Read https://medium.com/@jpsimonroy/the-human-brain-a-two-gear-machine-db249373cf40to understand more about why we are in love with this philosophy.
@Delium, you would be responsible for Product Engineering(from Dev to production - to customer satisfaction). You would be involved and in many cases, the sole owner of product features end to end (we have just one role)
1. Are fascinated and inspired to build products that have common sense(the toughest of them all), persona and responsibilities
2. Love working with large datasets, love math and more importantly build user interfaces that are conversation driven (voice, web or anything else). We hate menus and reports.
3. Strong in analytical, problem solving and data transformation - many core problems we are tacking are NP-Hard in nature, can you approximate and come out with ideal yet not perfect solutions? Skills and exposure to forecasting, time series modeling, probability theory, regression, clustering, pattern matching, NLP at scale will be helpful. Exposure to languages like R and Python is a must
5. Know only to build stuff incrementally and are relentless when it comes to tracking feedback, empathize with your customer continuously and refactor code to make it better each day. Refactoring is a core mandate, if you are scared to delete code, you should not be writing it in the first place!
6. Are an automation maniac, love to automate taking your code to production.
7. Love autonomy but are responsible for what your signup.
8. Not afraid to pour in ideas and carry the bandwagon into marketing - after all you should also have a part in making your produce a hit!
You should be talking to us, spend a day with us at our office and we are sure you will hop on board. At Delium - while there is a priority on the tasks at hand, there is no manager to push work to people, a responsibility-driven, a sign up approach is what we believe in. More on the culture @ Delium, look at the website(www.delium.ai) (Careers section)
PS: We are looking for candidates interested in pursuing full stack development (including DevOps). If you are someone who is just interested in fiddling with and tuning at random existing open source algorithms (especially in jupyter notebooks), please "do not" apply. While data science is at the core of what we do, engineers at Delium are required to be first and foremost very strong with computer basics viz. software engineering programming paradigms, tools, databases, networks, and operating systems
Free Breakfast, Lunch, Coffee, Annual Book allowances, Medical Insurance
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer