Senior Devops Engineer
Posted by Abhinav Jain (@abhinavjain1)
We have started an exciting journey towards a full-scale event driven micro-service architecture to enable data consistency while scaling to a range of platforms and devices - web, mobile browsers, native android apps, handheld devices, sortation systems etc.
As DevOps specialist you will be working closely with the development teams to ensure high availability of all resources, design and manage rolling releases, scale the infra and actively explore new tools / scripts.
- Participate in architectural sessions, assist development team with Schema design, indexing strategy for performance and scalability
- Lead the maintenance of Postgres / Mongo databases in a highly available architecture hosted on AWS servers
- Automate DB / Server maintenance activities
- Setup backups / replications / archiving, implement disaster recovery
- Manage patches / software upgrades
- Research and apply new technologies and best practices.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, including 2+ years on AWS
- B.Tech degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive knowledge of Unix / Linux environments
- Excellent knowledge of bash / shell scripting, Python / Ruby / LUA / other scripts is a plus
- Demonstrated expertise in source code management, rolling deployment, maintaining large-scale multi-AZ deployments, H-A services
- Hands on experience with Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Strong proven Performance Diagnostic skills
- Exposure to NoSQL (Cassandra, HBase) is a plus
- MicroService deployment experience - Docker, Swarm, Clustering, Consul, Zookeeper is a plus
- Experience with Microservices Management tools - Kubernetes/ Marathon/ Mesos/ Terraform is a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer