This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Datoin (https://datoin.com) is a No-code platform for building intelligent applications. Founded by IIT and IIIT Alumni, we are building a niche product to make AI accessible and easier to adopt.
As a startup, the team is enthusiastic, self-motivated and zealous about technology while being supportive, encouraging and friendly to others. Being a 3+-year-old startup, we are highly agile, dynamic and involved in fast experimentation.
We are looking for a Java developer responsible for building Java applications that include anything between complex groups of RestFull back-end services, components implementing various algorithms useful in data science and api clients for various cloud services. The primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. You must be a team player with commitment to problem solving, sophisticated design and collaboration .
- Translate technical specifications and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Experiment and learn with new tools and frameworks
- Build server side RestFull web services
- Build client side web services clients
- Build automated tests and deployments
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Familiarity with popular web application frameworks, such as Play and Dropwizard
- Some Experience with popular Apache frameworks like Hadoop, Hbase, Solr, Spark
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- More than 2 years in building Java based backend application
- At least 1 year experience in building Restful Webservices
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer