This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Engineering Manager - Mobile Crawling
Posted by R V (@rv242)
At CommerceIQ, we help consumer brands accelerate their retail ecommerce market share growth and profitability through machine learning algorithms. We are building the world’s most complete and sophisticated Retail Ecommerce Management Platform, which connects and intelligently automates the management of retail ecommerce channels like Amazon, Walmart, and Instacart, across the entire ecommerce operational chain of retail media management, sales operations, supply chain, and digital self analytics.
We are in hyper growth mode, having recently raised our Series D funding at unicorn valuation (>$1B) and ended our third year of triple-digit revenue growth. Continued acceleration of our growth is fueled by landing new customers, expanding our platform through new products, managing new retail ecommerce platforms, and delivering exceptional customer service to unlock high net retention rates.
As Engineering Manager, you will lead and enable the product delivery of initially one new Mobile Crawling team in our Data Acquisition team, with the aim of expanding this to two or three teams as we scale. Working with team and team leads, you’ll take the lead in growing a new team of mostly junior engineers, ensuring they learn best practices from the ground up and helping them grow and develop them into our future engineering leaders.
Our data acquisition platform gathers almost 4 million web pages per day from around 500 retailers around the world. Our aim is to achieve similar results for mobile applications.The Engineering Manager will ensure that the Mobile Crawling team is able to scale and reliably and efficiently integrate a large number of new retailer applications into our gathering framework. As well as delivering new retailers, the team will also take growing responsibility for the maintenance and development of the SDK and tools that underpin the application gathering framework.
What You'll Do:
- Build, grow and maintain multiple software engineering teams, and through leadership and coaching enable the success of each team member
- The Data Acquisition team is responsible for keeping the e.fundamentals platform running 24/7; the platform currently gathers millions of product pages every day from over 500 retailers worldwide. The App Crawling team currently supports 20 Apps. with an aggressive expansion plan to take this to 100. You’ll be able to help coordinate and prioritize work based on project planning
- Maintain any incidents that may arise from retailer outages
- Develop a deep understanding of the problems and opportunities faced by CPGs looking to grow their online sales
- You enjoy positively challenging the way things are done; we aim to improve every iteration
- Having a good grounding in software engineering with the ability to work in an agile manner
- Have a passion for technology and are constantly learning
What You'll Bring:
- A solid grounding in the understanding of agile software development
- A track record of delivery as a software engineer delivering complex technical products solutions at scale Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems and to layout your proposed solutions in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with colleagues, company leaders and customers in constructive and collaborative relationships
- A deep understanding of agile software development and continuous improvement / delivery
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Web Scraping and associated challenges: anonymization, captcha solving, and fingerprinting
- Experience managing multiple teams
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams we currently have engineers based in UK, Spain, India, and Vietnam
- Some background in in ITSM and understanding incident management and service availability
- Experience working with cloud technology, especially Google Cloud Platform
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer