About the Company
- 💰 Early-stage, ed-tech, funded, growing, growing fast.
- 🎯 Mission Driven: Make Indonesia competitive on a global scale.
- 🥅 Build the best educational content and technology to advance STEM education
- 🥇 Students-First approach
About the People
- ❤️ Love what we do
- 🎮 Committed to making learning fun, accessible, and safe
- 🤝 Teams are better. We value ownership, responsibility, transparency
- 🌏 Global, diverse backgrounds. Been there, done that.
What does it look like one year from now?
- CoLearn has grown so much, and you’ve been an important part of the growth. You solved hard problems that many didn’t know existed.
- You’ve led the data science function and laid out the roadmap, implemented best practices, and grown the team. You’ve executed mission-critical projects. Congratulations!
- You’re exploring what Data Science can do for the students, parents, teachers, educators.
- You’ve been speaking at Data Science conferences about the image recognition system we built from scratch. You casually threw in the semantic search engine on slide 77.
- The engineering and product teams are your friends. The teams take cross-functional collaboration, testing, and modeling for granted. It’s their second nature.
- You have an encyclopedic knowledge of CoLearn’s data structures and metrics, and you’ve often provided key ideas for the product.
- Highly-skilled and experienced Data Scientist and leader
- You are interested in creating next-gen data-powered education tech products.
- You’ve worked in a Data Science role before where you took a data product to market
- You are comfortable working with unknowns, evaluating the data, and applying scientific techniques to business problems and products
- You’ve built platforms and systems from scratch
- You have a track record of developing and deploying data-science models to production
Let’s talk tech
- End-to-end AI/ML systems in the cloud, including data processing, feature engineering, and tuning of ML models in training and production (MLOps) — with both structured and unstructured data.
- Deep Learning and Computer Vision models, ideally in a production environment
- Hands-on Python/SQL, scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, MXnet, etc.
- Experience in Scala/Java/Go/C/C++ is a plus plus
- Airflow/Luigi/Oozie and the likes
- Familiarity with cloud deployment strategies (AWS/GCP) to deploy at scale
- B.S./B.E./M.S./PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in data science, algorithmic engineering, and machine learning. Preferably solved problems from scratch to scale
- Experience in hiring, managing highly-performant teams, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams
- Experience developing a data science strategy, building the roadmap, and leading the execution
- Track record of recruiting talent in analytics and data science
You will make us go 😍 if:
- You’ve won algorithm and machine learning competitions such as ACM and Kaggle
- You have research publications and citations in top tier journals
- You have a portfolio of side projects and can show it to us
Does this sound like a match? Or maybe a bit too much? Don’t agree with something here? Let’s talk.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer