Codingal is on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding.
Codingal is the #1 coding platform and community for the school students to learn Computer Science by building apps, games, and websites. All classes are taught live 1:1 by vetted and trained teachers with programming background. We have an outstanding NPS of 79 and growing very fast!
We are backed by top investors including Rebright Partners and Y Combinator.
Coding helps improve logical thinking and problem-solving skills by 70% among kids at a young age, also enabling them to perform better in other subjects in school. Moreover, coding jobs are the future. They already constitute more than 60% of all jobs in science, technology, engineering, and math. While still in school, those who start young will be ahead of everyone by the time they get into college. They will be creators of the future. Learning to code at a young age will inspire more kids, including girls, to take up Computer Science as a major when entering college. Today, schools and traditional education systems are not equipped to provide the right coding education to children. Codingal is here to change that and empower every student with the tools, content, and live coding classes to start learning to code and build anything they can imagine.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who believes in this mission and is a hacker at heart.
Roles and responsibilities -
- Design, develop, manage, build and maintain Codingal website
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Participating in architectural, design, and product discussions
- Build reusable code and libraries that drive complex web applications
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, SEO, and responsiveness
- Conduct testing of completed applications, websites, and software to assess user experience
- Familiar with the software development life cycle from analysis to deployment
- Comply with coding standards and technical design
- Active participate in troubleshooting, debugging and updating current live system
- Work closely with analysts, designers, and other peer developers
- Working in an agile environment with an excellent team of engineers
To be successful in this role, you must have -
- 3 or more years of experience in developing web applications using HTML/CSS/JS/React
- Experience in advanced CSS, animations and responsiveness
- Expertise in React is must
- Strong knowledge of version control (i.e. git, svn, etc.)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure knowledge is a plus
If you have love writing code, building products, tinkering with infrastructure, and have tons of ideas on how to make the product better, then you are the right person for Codingal.
You can choose to work remotely or from our Bangalore office - whichever you see best for yourself at any point in time in the future!
You get to work with one of the best engineering team who are on a mission to inspire school kids to fall in love with coding. Our employee NPS is also an amazing 73! Come, join us on this rocketship-style journey. Apply now!
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer