Ruby on Rails Developer (1-3yrs experience)
Posted by Codemancers
We're a boutique consulting firm of experienced developers which takes pride in building web applications that delight end users. We go the extra mile for code quality and well designed and tested software. Why? If there's one thing that we have learned after reading, writing and rewriting millions of lines of code over these years, it's this - how your app looks from the inside matters.
Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for candidates eager to identify and solve problems and must have a basic understanding of cloud and deployments.
- At Codemancers, we spend most of our days interacting with our clients and most often drive the engineering productivity of the team.
- You might own either a product or feature development end to end from creating a solution, implementing it, ensuring excellent tested code
- You might support the deployment and ongoing support work in the live environment of the products you own.
- You will collaborate with project managers, designers, business stakeholders and users to refine, improve solutions and achieve results at a rapid pace.
- You fit well with our culture across the team by supporting and mentoring team members.
- You will need to collaborate closely with product managers.
- You will be able to handle competing priorities and chart the best course of action for yourself and your team members ensuring blockers are removed.
- You will be responsible for estimating your tasks and ensuring that promised timelines are met.
Desired Background & Skills:
- 1-3 years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Passionate and self-motivated to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- Experience with writing web applications in Ruby on Rails or Elixir/Phoenix frameworks is a huge bonus, although they are not strict requirements. We will help you learn them if you have experience with other Web frameworks (eg. Django, ExpressJS)
- Experience in writing test cases for the application. We thrive on well tested confident code!
- Experience in working with RDBMS like Postgres or MySQL is required.
- Experience in working with NoSQL datastores like MongoDB or Redis.
- Worked on integrating external APIs to your application.
Good To Have (Not mandatory):
- if you have some pet projects to showcase or contributions to open source is a huge plus
- Understanding of HTML / CSS / ReactJS Frontend technologies is a huge plus.
- Understanding of message broker and stream technologies like RabbitMQ, Kafka is a huge plus.
- Knowledge with building applications integrated with CI-CD pipelines (automated build, tests and deployments) is good to have.
- Knowledge with deploying applications to Heroku and other PaaS is good to have.
- Exposure to micro-service architecture and a good understanding of docker containers, kubernetes is a bonus
- A great environment to do what you really love and learn from seniors
- Option of 100% working from home
- Apple hardware
- Catered lunch when in office
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer