This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Cloudera Quality Engineering Team is looking for an exceptionally talented staff software engineer, to deliver continuous improvement of hadoop ecosystem and the other products that we provide to our customers. you will work closely with all internal teams and HDP partners to jointly solve complex problems in quality and development.
You will do this through your deep understanding of automation tools, Hadoop ecosystem, test methodologies for distributed software, enterprise data-warehousing systems, and customer focus. You will automate tests for user stories in real-world scenarios with a good understanding of inter-product and enterprise data-warehouse systems.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in quality and development.
- 10-16 years’ experience test development, automation tools development
- Design and build an advanced automated testing framework, tools, and automated test suites, in Java & Linux (TestNG/JUnit)
- Strong knowledge of Java and Python programming languages
- Good knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystems, SQL database usage, Hadoop Integration, Partner Integration, Operational environment, and build internal and operational tools.
- Proficiency in backend testing and experience in build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks built in Large-Scale Distributed Systems
- Good knowledge of test methodologies, creating test cases and test plans.
- Define the optimum suites for sanity, regression, system, deployment verification etc., and advanced aspects of system testing automation.
- BE/MS/Mtech in Computer Science or related field
- Strong knowledge in Java and Python programming languages
- Strong experience on Unix platform and scripting/coding in Shell, Perl, Python
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals and data structures.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications
- Experience with SQL, Spark and BI/OLAP tools (Atscale, Druid, Tableau, Microstrategy, Cognos, Netezza)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and applications is an added advantage.
Health and wellness
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life & disability
- On-site gyms at various locations
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Competitive Retirement saving plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable incentive plans
- Commuter checks
- Paid medical disability & child bonding leaves
- Family youth intern program
- Bring Your Child to Work Day
- Bring Your Parents to Work Day
- Volunteer time off policy
- Quarterly team building offsites
- Tuition reimbursement
- Mentorship of interns
- Generous time off policies
- Free and catered lunches based on office location
- Casual dress code
- Social gatherings
- Discount programs
- T-shirt enthusiasm
- Global wellness challenges
- Business travel insurance
- Redpoint global crisis management services
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer