Cliff.ai is a completely radical way of monitoring metrics so that companies don't waste time setting up complex pipelines and monitoring thousands of dashboards. Cliff is being used by one of Asia's biggest telecom companies and some of the world's best startups. We are a small team - based across London and Indore - with a big vision and are growing rapidly. We’re a Techstars company and are backed by some of London’s biggest VCs. We have been awarded UK’s ‘Startup of the Year’ and also featured by Forbes as a startup 'set to blaze a trail'. We are well funded, profitable and have customers across the globe from Japan, Austria, and France to name a few.
We are looking for
A Software Development Engineer (SDE1 and SDE2) who will be instrumental in the design and development of our backend technology, which manages our exhaustive data pipelines and AI models. Simplifying complexity and building technology that is robust and scalable is your North Star. You'll work closely alongside our CTO and machine learning engineers, frontend, and wider technical team to build new capabilities focused on speed and reliability.
You'll own your work, to build, test, and iterate quickly, with direct guidance from our CTO.
Please note: To apply for SDE2 you must have proven industry experience greater than 2 years.
Your work includes
- Own and manage the whole engineering infrastructure that supports the Cliff.ai platform.
- Work to create highly scalable, highly robust, and highly available python micro-services.
- Design the architecture to stream data on a huge scale across multiple services.
- Create and manage data pipelines using tools like Kafka, Celery.
- Deploy Serverless functions to process and manage data.
- Work with a variety of databases and storage systems to store and strategically manage data.
- Write connections to collect data from various third-party services, data storage, and APIs.
- Strong experience in python creating scripts or apps or services
- Strong automation and scripting skills
- Knowledge of at least one SQL and No-SQL Database
- Experience in working with messaging systems like Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Good knowledge about data-frames and data-manipulation
- Have used and deployed apps using FastAPI or Flask or similar tech
- Knowledge of CI/CD paradigm
- Basic knowledge about Docker
- Have knowledge of creating and using REST APIs
- Good knowledge of OOP Fundamentals.
- (Optional) Knowledge about Celery/ Airflow
- (Optional) Knowledge about Lambda/ Serverless
- (Optional) Have connected apps using OAuth
It's important to us
- That you relocate to Indore as and when we open our offices (when its safe to do so!)
- That you have a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Software Developer (Only For SDE2)
What you can expect
- Attractive pay, bonus scheme, and flexible vacation policy.
- A truly flexible, trust-based, performance-driven work culture.
- A young and passionate team building elegant products with intricate technology for the future of businesses around the world. Our average age is 25!
- The chance to make a huge difference to the success of a world-class SaaS product and the opportunity to make an impact.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer