We are Civil Maps .
Civil Maps, provider of 3D mapping technology for fully autonomous vehicles, has raised a $6.6 million seed funding round from Ford Motor Company, Motus Ventures, Wicklow Capital, StartX Stanford and Yahoo cofounder Jerry Yang’s AME Cloud Ventures.
Civil Maps’ mission is to make it possible for fully autonomous vehicles (SAE Levels 4-5) to drive anywhere smoothly and safely. Through artificial intelligence and vehicle-based local processing, Civil Maps converts sensor data into meaningful map information built specifically to direct fully autonomous vehicles. The company will use the seed investment to accelerate product development and deployment with a number of leading automotive companies and technology partners.
Civil Maps’ artificial intelligence software aggregates raw 3D data from LiDAR (high-resolution laser imaging), camera and other sensors onboard autonomous vehicles and organizes the information into machine-readable maps. The information is vastly more actionable information than today’s mapping systems and requires a fraction of the data storage and transmission for existing technologies. Thanks to this light data footprint, Civil Maps’ spatial information is far less costly to transmit over cellular networks, enabling the company to more easily crowdsource, update and share road data in real time—a major improvement over the lengthy processes that require human annotation in current use. As a result, the company can quickly generate and maintain maps that give fully autonomous vehicles the comprehensive and precise knowledge to autonomous operate safely and smoothly on all roads.
About the Opportunity :
This is an opportunity to work on some of the most exciting problems in the autonomous vehicle industry. Civil Maps is looking for a Devops engineer to grow its overall infrastructure. You will be interacting with a completely custom-made distributed computing framework, handling terabytes and petabytes of machine vision data, and millions of requests from robotic platforms.
In our interdisciplinary teams, you will get acquainted with the many facets of 3D map creation: data collection, geospatial registration, feature extraction, auditing.
Come work on novel challenges, learn and grow while helping Civil Maps achieve on-demand perception of the world around us.
We are hiring the professionals for the below skills:
Work Location : Hyderabad
Job Description for DevOps Enginner:
Experience : 7-10 yrs
- Deliver next generation distributed applications using a variety of tools to include Kubernetes, Ansible, RHEL, Openshift, Atomic, Mesos, Openstack and Docker.
- Build solutions and provide a framework for Microservices and DevOps.
- Bring knowledge and help with continuous integration, deployment and security.
- Automating the Build & Deployment environment with relative tools.
- Troubleshooting Build & Deployment issues.
Experience with the following :
- Deploy, manage Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Travis etc..).
- Cloud-based deployments (AWS, Azure, OpenStack).
- Linux administration, usage, and bash scripting (Bash, Batch, Powershell)
- Deploying MEAN stack applications.
- Security tools like Fortify, Nessus.
- Network architecture (routing, load balancing, firewalls, VLANs).
- Virtualization (VMWare, XEN, KVM, Openstack).
- Container technologies (Mesos, Docker, Rocket, etc.).
- Experience in setting up backup and restore mechanism for the DB and other relevant systems