Cisco DNA Spaces is the world’s most powerful location platform that leverages existing
Wi-Fi infrastructure to give Customers actionable insights and drive business outcomes. Our cloud transforms customer Wi-Fi into a powerful sensor, unlocking insights and trends from behaviour of people & things in your buildings. Being part of UX under product management you will need to use analytics, research and marry them with our product goals to create solutions which enhance and enrich our products while being a spokesperson for the end user.
- Be responsible for features for the maintenance and upkeep of the platform and its apps, based on feedback for the broader PM organization and end users.
- Create conceptual designs for features that part of the product roadmap and communicate these to users and people in the organization.
- Develop visual design prototypes, and conduct Users tests to validate the solutions you build.
- Use User research and field testing to arrive at objective decisions to help fine tune design direction of the product.
- Evangelize good design practices, principles, and patterns.
- Develop visual interface guidelines and specifications.
- Facilitate communication across product teams through all phases of projects.
- Collaborate with fellow designers, product managers, and engineers to make complex work simple, flawless, and delightful.
- Build proven rapport with engineering teams while guiding them towards high quality design implementation.
- Simplicity – There is a notion that it is ok for UX & UI for B2B Solutions to be complicated since the problem you are trying to solve is more complex. We disagree with this. We believe simplicity is really difficult to achieve. Our products work hard to do a lot of the heavy lifting so that we can delight our users, so they don’t have to think while using our interfaces.
- Your design methodology should be data and user research driven, so that you are able to use tangible insights and feedback from the market to drive and define and get feedback on product features.
- You will need an understanding of how our customers derive value and power their use cases using the multiple products we offer, your job as a designer will be to translate this understanding to the solutions we build.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join the Product Management Design Team. You will work other designers, product managers, and engineers to define the user experience and visual design of Cisco DNA Spaces.
Who You Are
- You understand design is about problem solving and realize design happens outside of Sketch, Illustrator, or Photoshop.
- You love design challenges that require intelligent and nuanced solutions.
- You’re a student of design and keep exploring opportunities for new learning and ideas.
- You embrace lean processes fail fast and fail better to learn and achieve desired outcomes.
- You leave your ego on the sidelines. You understand the best ideas can come from anyone.
- You live on tools like Sketch and Invision and find pride in ways of doing things better and faster.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating skills in web design, web layouts, modular designs for web.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to deliver results across multiple projects running in parallel.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and to convey these designs in the form of comps and design specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present concepts with confidence and integrity.
- Experience working within a design system that serves a diverse product portfolio as well as experience influencing and contributing to a design system.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS.
Make sure to include a link to your portfolio with examples of web design, web layouts, modular designs for web and/or atomic design system principles.
- BS/BA/Diploma/Masters in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related degree in Computer Science with an HCI specialty.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a visual designer at a software (or tech) company.
- Expert level proficiency in Sketch and Invision.
- Strong visual and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing desktop and Web-based applications
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status .
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer