This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
CIS is looking to hire a technologist to work across multiple teams in the organisation. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) to study the advertising technology ecosystem in India and more broadly, security and privacy issues on the Internet.
The candidate must be comfortable working independently and will have ample opportunity to shape the project agenda and implementation.
Our work is strengthened by the diversity in background, culture, experience, religion, caste, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, age, and disability. We specifically encourage applications from candidates belonging to marginalised communities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a systematic exposition of the advertising technology (AdTech) ecosystem in India, identifying various stakeholders and intermediaries, their roles, and data collection practices
- Study and document censorship and surveillance online by both state and industry actors
- Work towards prevention, detection and mitigation of digital security threats targeted towards human rights defenders
- Critically appraise technological systems that pose a public interest and suggest inclusive, secure and privacy enhanced choices
- Working knowledge of information security and technological architectures
- Demonstrated experience in explaining technical topics in a clear and concise manner
- 2-4 years of work experience in a relevant area
- A degree in computer science and engineering or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to work independently
Full-time position with a one year contract commencing April 2023 with a possibility of extension.
CIS has transitioned into a ‘remote-first’ workplace, and we expect work-from-home protocols (with the option to work out of CIS’s Bengaluru office available) to be in place for the foreseeable future.
Open until filled, before March end.
Salary and benefits
The pay range for this position is INR 80,000 - 90,000 per month (commensurate with the relevance of prior work, skill set and qualification), with support for reasonable work from home needs, and a modest health insurance plan.
CIS has a liberal leaves and holidays policy, including paternity leave, menstrual leave and adequate compensatory leave.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer