Director - Finance and Operations
Posted by Anubha Sinha (@anubhasinha)
CIS is inviting applications for the role of Director - Finance and Operations. The position would ideally be based out of Bengaluru, could be flexible depending on the unfolding of events in relation to COVID-19, so we encourage all potential candidates to apply.
Please read on to learn about the qualifying requirements, functions, remuneration, and other details. The Director - Finance and Operations will be expected to work as a part of the management team at CIS and lead all work on accounting, statutory compliance, payments, audits, grant reporting, running of offices and related HR tasks.
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant degree
- Prior work experience with income tax, finance operations, interfacing with relevant government functionaries, HR functions.
Apart from the qualifying requirements mentioned above, candidates who demonstrate the qualities below will be given preference:
- Ability to learn and keep track of the regulatory landscape applicable to Indian NGOs and apply it to CIS’ operations;
- Candidates with prior work experience in Indian NGOs and/or possessing strong knowledge and experience in applying Foreign Contributions Regulation Act (FCRA) are encouraged to apply.
- Strong leadership ability, interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate among multiple team members, external auditors, and the management team;
- Be proactive in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving day-to-day issues;
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures (as required) and troubleshooting;
- Advanced skills in using accounting and database software;
- Manage CIS Finance team which includes supervision, guidance, communication through regular team meetings and troubleshooting;
- Report to the Executive Director, and provide updates on the functioning of the Finance team;
- Act as a senior liaison between staff programme managers and the Finance team;
- Tracking and fulfilling all kinds of regulatory compliances required by CIS. This includes interfacing with the Income Tax department, Ministry of Home Affairs - FCRA department, financial auditors;
- Other regular operations at CIS include the following:
- Manage verification and uploading of bills and payments;
- Supervising and tracking project expenditures, and preparing MIS;
- Managing internal project/ organisational budgets;
- Supervising preparation and submission of annual financial statements, both statutory and project-specific;
- Managing invoices;
- Managing processing of tax payments and returns;
- Managing reconciling of bank statements;
Remuneration and benefits
Salary offered will be commensurate with quality of work experience, demonstrable skills, and relevant degrees.
CIS is an equal opportunity employer, and we offer benefits to our staff such as medical insurance coverage. Please see our workplace policies here.
Procedure of applying
Please respond with your CV and a cover letter with qualifications, skills, and experience.
Deadline is 7th June, 2020.
After reviewing the CV, we will get in touch with you for further interviews if we find you a good fit. We may additionally request reference from a previous employer. Please note that the probation period for the position will be two months.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer