This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Lead Full-Stack Developer
Posted by Circus Recruiting (@circus)
Circus is hiring a Lead Full-Stack Developer to build the next creator economy unicorn and empower creators with the information they need to build a large, loyal fan following. By helping content creators and their fans turn engagement into currency, Circus is helping creators earn a sustainable income. Led by a founding team of technical serial entrepreneurs (e.g. ex-VP Engineering of TripAdvisor Experiences), this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented engineer to join a fast-growing startup at the ground level.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced PHP/Laravel engineer to join our team and help us build the next generation of our product from the ground up. You’ll be joining our team of seasoned founders as employee #1.
* Work directly with the CTO and the CEO to define the architectural foundation for our platform
* Work closely with VP Product and CTO to design and develop Circus applications in order to capture the imagination and creativity of our users
* Help to build and manage a tech team as we scale the business
* Participate in quick daily standup meetings and weekly meetings with the entire team
* You’re fluent in English in both written and verbal communication.
* You have 5+ years experience as a full-stack developer, with an emphasis on backend development, using the following tools and frameworks: PHP, Laravel, Laravel Mix, AWS management experience.
* You’re located in either Asia or North America time zones (CTO is based in Sydney while the remainder of the team is based in North America)
* You love to create amazing products and rapidly iterate on ideas
* You have some experience with iOS and/or Android app development. Modern “build once, deploy anywhere” technology is great too!
* You’re comfortable working remotely and would enjoy building and managing a local team
* You have an entrepreneurial streak
Our current stack consists of PHP/Laravel, Node.js and React. We utilize serverless functionality and deploy on AWS via Laravel Vapor.
We’re always open to fresh ideas that help us go faster.
Benefits of joining Circus
* Accelerate your career growth by working directly with experienced and technical founders (CTO and CEO).
* There is no limit to what you can do here. We are creative, determined to succeed, and reward creativity / resourcefulness / successful delivery with autonomy, additional responsibility, and great career options.
* Maximize your impact on culture and product as Circus employee #1.
* Benefit from leadership opportunities (either as an IC or manager) as the Circus team continues to grow.
* We’re a remote-first company
How to apply
* How this role fits into your longer-term career goals
* (Optional) Your resume or LinkedIn URL
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Please apply anyway - we look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer