Full stack Ruby on Rails Developer - Remote (New Zealand)
Posted by Bibin Venugopal (@bibinvenugopal)
About the business
Circle Software develops a SAAS application for bookshops. Circle started in New Zealand and has a strong growing community in Australia and is now aiming to start in other countries. We have developers around the world and are looking to build the Indian team.
*CURRENT DEV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- Google cloud environment and kubernetes
- Pivotal Tracker for project management
- Elastic Cloud for performance monitoring/APM
- GitHub for source control
- Circle CI, GIT Actions and Semaphore ci for automated tests and deploy
- Rspec for automated tests
- Rails on MySQL (Rails4 migrating to R6)
- Elastic Search
- Ubuntu web servers hosted in kubernetes
- C++ for the Point Of Sales Client
- Vue JS
- Generally Mac or Linux for the desktop environment
About the role
This is a remote position but we are in the process of building remote clusters so that you have someone close to you to work with. The programming is on a single application and there is a focus on good process and code quality. For this role we are looking for a competent/experienced rails developer that has experience with most of the systems we use and who understands and is committed to best practice.
Are you this person?
- A strong rails developer with good knowledge in Ruby Object oriented programming and know how to write best practise code.
- Someone that can solve problems/figure things out.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written
- Pride yourself in writing beautiful code
- Have experience with testing frameworks Rspec or Mini test
- Have a strong knowledge SQL and experience in SQL query optimization
- Have experience in a fronted framework, VUE js recommended
- Driven to automate, especially devops, have Experience in CI/CD
- Comfortable working with Linux servers
*Nice to have
- Have experience working with large scale SAAS applications
- Experience about kubernetes and docker
- c++ experience
- Experience with rails 6
Benefits and perks
You will be working on a product, so are free from, down time, clock watching and billable hours. Work hours are flexible and you can work from home. you will have significant input into the product and direction. Travel and work is also an option.
- 10 - 15 Lakh / annual
TO APPLY: * Write a long form cover letter (no standard letters please) covering your career and how your experience matches up with the person we are looking for and the systems we use. Tell us about how you got into programming and any personal projects.
- Answer the following problem
Write best practice code in Ruby to calculate the check digit of an ISBN13 barcode (preferably upload to Github and share the link in cover letter)
The algorithm is:
Take each digit, from left to right and multiply them alternatively by 1 and 3
Sum those numbers
Take mod 10 of the summed figure
Subtract 10 and if the end number is 10, make it 0
Example for 978014300723:
(9×1) + (7×3) + (8×1) + (0×3) + (1×1) + (4×3) + (3×1) + (0×3) + (0×1) + (7×3) + (2×1) + (3×3)
86 mod 10 = 6
10 – 6 = 4
Therefore the complete ISBN is: 9780143007234
Application Deadline: 30/6/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: ₹1,000,000.00 - ₹1,500,000.00 per year
- Employee mentoring program
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Performance bonus
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer