This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Associate Product Manager
Are you passionate about using your Product management skills to make a positive impact in the world? If yes, this is the opportunity for you. We are seeking an Associate Product Manager to join our team at Child Growth Monitor (CGM) for participating in the development of our new products, from concept to completion
Our mission is to prevent malnutrition in children by turning mobile phones into child-measuring devices. Through the use of augmented reality and artificial intelligence, we can accurately predict a child's height, weight, and middle upper-arm circumference to determine their nutritional status.
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Product Head and collaborating with the product development team to deliver the product solution within a stipulated time.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, across the organization, to understand the customers’ needs, and create product plans and roadmaps for your products.
- Create, maintain, and own backlogs to deliver with your tech team
- Proactively identify ongoing opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of existing products, and evaluate new functionality/capabilities to fill identified gaps.
- Performing quality assurance controls on products.
- Taking part in the experimentation and testing of the products
- Tracking and reporting of key performance metrics and OKRs
- Preparing project status and risk management reports supporting internal teams as well as external users/clients.
- Liaising with the Sales/Customer Services for ensuring the positioning of the products and demoing the product and new features to the sales team frequently
- Developing efficient customer communication and feedback channels.
- Conducting market and customer research for identifying market gaps and customer needs
To be successful in this role, you should have:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, business economics, child healthcare, nutrition, etc.
- Prior experience as an Associate Product Manager/Business Analyst/Software Engineer/ML Engineer for 2 – 5 years with AI/ML Products.
- Thorough understanding of the AI/ML concepts. You are not required to be an ML Engineer (though that would be an advantage), but you should understand how to speak with ML Engineers in their language. You already know when to use Mean Absolute Error or Sensitivity/Specificity as a KPI for your problems.
- Strong basic and inferential statistics skills. Here your SQL skills would be useful to play around with the data and do some data analysis. You already understand confidence intervals, p-values, data sampling, etc.
- Prior experience with building Augmented Reality applications would be an advantage (desirable but not necessary)
- Domain knowledge of child healthcare and nutrition (desirable but not necessary)
- Prior experience with managing mobile applications development (preferably Android)
- Experience in managing products through their lifecycles
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and teams
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management, organizational, and documentation skills
- An analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude and a keen eye for details
This is a full-time consultant position with the potential to convert to full-time employment in the third quarter of 2023. The position is remotely based and within 2 hrs overlap of GMT +5:30 time zone.
As part of the Welthungerhilfe team, you will have the opportunity to work with a global organization committed to ending hunger and malnutrition by 2030. You will be part of a flat culture, fast-paced, and purpose-driven organization, with the freedom to make decisions and a very friendly and transparent culture. Most importantly, you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work is helping to save the lives of millions of children.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer