This post is from childgrowthmonitor.org, which may or may not be affiliated with welthungerhilfe.org
Digital Product Designer
Posted by Ankit Gupta (@ankit851gupta)
Millions of child deaths are caused by malnutrition each year. 200 million children are suffering from malnutrition. Therefore, the United Nations have set the goal of Zero Hunger by 2030. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is the first important step, but it is not easy. Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the situation.
Every child should be measured for healthy growth and screened for signs of malnutrition to ensure their right to health and zero hunger. Our mission is to provide quick and accurate data on child malnutrition in the most ethical way. Our solution to measure children replaces hardware (measuring boards and physical scales) with software.
The Child Growth Monitor uses augmented reality enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children. Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight and middle upper-arm circumference.
We are looking for experienced experts who like the idea of working for a non-profit, open source, social cause. You will start working in a dedicated team of IT specialists as
UI/UX Designer (m/f), Full time
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Conceptualise designs through storyboards & concept presentations
- Create wireframes & prototypes to create a perfect user interface
- Model workflows and plan tasks for UX design projects
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to evolve and refine our design system
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
- Understand user needs
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Well-organized and focused on the important tasks at hand
- Team player / valuable addition to our scrum team
- A user-centric mindset
- Attention to detail
What we offer:
- Working on one of the most urgent problems of mankind, a world without hunger or poverty
- Working in an international, vibrant team
- Remote work, esp. if you don’t live in Mumbai or Berlin
Your qualifications include:
- 3-5 years proven work experience in this or similar position
- Degree relevant to the position
- Good English communication skills
We are an open source and non-profit organization working on Zero Hunger 2030. We are looking to grow our team based on contract work that will transition into permanent positions as we reach our next milestones. Please send your CV, cover letter and availability to [email protected].
Want to know more?
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer