This post is from childgrowthmonitor.org, which may or may not be affiliated with welthungerhilfe.org
Posted by Ankit Gupta (@ankit851gupta)
Millions of child deaths are caused by malnutrition each year. 200 million children are suffering from malnutrition. Therefore, the United Nations have set the goal of Zero Hunger by 2030. In the fight against malnutrition, detection is the first important step, but it is not easy. Measuring children with traditional methods is still a complex, slow and expensive task, frequently resulting in poor data and wrong assessments of the situation.
Every child should be measured for healthy growth and screened for signs of malnutrition to ensure their right to health and zero hunger. Our mission is to provide quick and accurate data on child malnutrition in the most ethical way. Our solution to measure children replaces hardware (measuring boards and physical scales) with software.
The Child Growth Monitor uses augmented reality enabled smartphones to record 3D scans of children. Artificial Intelligence is used to predict their height, weight and middle upper-arm circumference.
We are looking for experienced experts who like the idea of working for a non-profit, open source, social cause. You will start working in a dedicated team of IT specialists as
UI/UX Designer (m/f) Freelance, 4 weeks
To start with it’s a 4 weeks contract. Depending on your performance, we may extend it full time.
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Translate business and user needs and technology constraints into solution concepts that are meaningful, easy to use, and engaging
- Conceptualise designs through storyboards & concept presentations
- Create wireframes & prototypes to create a perfect user interface
- Model workflows and plan tasks for UX design projects
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to evolve and refine our design system
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile apps
- Understand user needs
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Figma, Sketch and Invision
- Well-organized and focused on the important tasks at hand
- Team player / valuable addition to our scrum team
- A user-centric mindset
- Attention to detail
What we offer:
- Working on one of the most urgent problems of mankind, a world without hunger or poverty
- Working in an international, vibrant team
- Remote work, esp. if you don’t live in Mumbai or Berlin
Project Time Frame:
- December 2020, 4 weeks
Your qualifications include:
- 3-5 years proven work experience in this or similar position, including previous work
- Degree relevant to the position
- Good English communication skills
We are an open source and non-profit organization working on Zero Hunger 2030. We are looking to grow our team based on freelance work that will transition into permanent positions as we reach our next milestones. Please send your CV, cover letter, availability and offer with day charge to [email protected].
Want to know more?
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Answer this survey on privacy and technology
What is the state of privacy enhancing technologies, data security, and compliance, in the Indian tech industry?
This survey, conducted by Hasgeek, in partnership with Omidyar Network India, is aimed at broadly understanding privacy concerns and practices among middle and senior management inside tech organizations, and how factors such as regulated nature of certain businesses, compliance requirements, etc impact the development of privacy enhancing technologies.
Hasgeek invites you to participate in this survey, as a senior tech practitioner and leader in your organization. There are 32 questions in all and should take approximately 15 minutes to answer them.