CanadaHelps is looking for a smart, thoughtful, and self-starting PHP/Drupal/Wordpress Developer with a passion for social change to join our team on a 1-year contract (possibly renewable). This is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s first and North America’s most successful social enterprises. We are a growing, dedicated team of entrepreneurial-minded peers who have a passion for helping small and medium sized charities succeed, while engaging with donors to increase giving in Canada.
We believe technology and data are transformational game-changers for generating social profit. We democratize access to technology by providing affordable online fundraising and training tools to more than 18,000 registered charities across Canada while collecting donations for 70,000 others. Come on board as we build a CRM and update our applications so we can better serve the modern, demanding donor, and our charity partners who are facing new fundraising challenges. You will be helping CanadaHelps modernize by building tools that help donors and charities make a difference. We are adding features such as fundraising tools, donor management systems (CRM), event management, and integrations with various applications. We have so many things to do you will never be bored.
As a PHP/Drupal/Wordpress Developer reporting to the PHP Team Lead, you will be responsible for analyzing, developing, expanding, testing, documenting and maintaining a Drupal-based CRM (CiviCRM) and Wordpress based themes, plug-ins, modules and websites in a team environment. We are looking for someone who is a quick learner, and is able to read, understand and debug legacy code. You will be expected to adhere to business specifications while using the latest standards, practices, tools, and guidelines for PHP and front-end application development. We are looking for an experienced developer who is comfortable with both building new components, and maintaining and extending existing code.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University or college degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience building PHP applications
- 1+ years of Drupal experience
- 1+ years of Wordpress experience
- 3+ years of CSS, LESS, SASS, Bootstrap experience
- 1+ years Linux experience (Ubuntu preferably)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Able to build functional and technical requirements based on product requirements
- Used to working iteratively with other teams in an agile environment
Nice to Have Skills and Experience:
- Experience building SPAs in React/Redux is a major plus
- Git and Github experience
- Experience using Atlassian tools like Jira
Here’s what we have to offer:
- A chance to make a difference with a unique opportunity to add major value as a member of a team in a forward-thinking, technology-focused environment, with dynamic opportunities and interesting challenges
- A full-time, 1-year contract position (possibly renewable) with a competitive salary
- The opportunity to work with highly respected professionals (and super nice people who want to change the world for the better!)
- A no B.S., “get things done”, open, collaborative and flexible environment
- A lifestyle friendly, work-life balance
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer