This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Ruby on Rails Developer
Posted by Jey Jeyarasalingam (@campaignworks)
Campaign Works https://hasjob.co/campaignworks.ca/ypc7g , Anywhere · campaignworks.ca · Full-time employmentFull-time employment · ProgrammingProgramming
Campaign Works is a Toronto based political consulting company serving members seeking public office, since 2010. Members of our team have worked with hundreds of campaigns spanning the last decade providing campaign strategy, management, and marketing services.
With the addition of CampaignCTRL, a campaign management software suite, we intend to offer candidates tailored tools to effectively manage their run for office at scale. To achieve this goals we are looking for an EXPERIENCED Ruby on Rails developer to join and lead the API development. The ideal candidate is a Ruby ninja and comfortable building, deploying and maintaining application in a small team environment.
Your Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance applications using Ruby and Ruby on Rails that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Have a good grasp of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Extremely comfortable working with PostgreSQL
- Experience writing RESTful APIs and consuming services such as Twilio and Mapbox
- Experience working with Sidekiq/Redis
- Experience with DevOps infrastructure such AWS or Heroku
Who you are
- First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant
- You are curious and passionate about knowing “why”, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
- You love both learning and teaching
- Agile development is second-nature; scrums, sprint planning, and retros
- You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing bugs
- You possess a strong work ethic with great communication skills
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Nice to have:
- Experience with CI/CD, Ansible
- Experience working with GIS extension for PostGIS
- Knowledge/Experience working with front-end technologies
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Flexible remote work set-up
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and make a mark
Technologies We Use: Ruby | Ruby on Rails | ReactJS | Postgres
You need to be logged in to report a post
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer