This is a key role and the candidate is expected to demonstrate thought leadership in several areas of software development and maintenance and implement innovative solutions leveraging latest technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and implement software that involves multiple platforms including native (iOS, Android) and web apps, backend services, and third party integrations.
- At least 4 years of experience in a leadership role managing and growing a team including recruiting and helping with on-boarding new teammates.
- Ability to organise and orchestrate testing, deployment and maintenance on a regular basis.
- Very comfortable with MySQL, python (or a similar scripting language)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- Independent, pragmatic and proactive work attitude
- Experience working on large scale e-commerce websites
- Identify, recruit and grow talent pools, provide feedback and look after people’s personal development
- Assess individuals performance, recognise and promote excellent performance, and address under-performance
- Facilitate an agile team of engineers (small team of 4 – 6 people)
- Focus on supporting the business priorities, be pragmatic about technology choices
- Promote and encourage technical, business and people related initiatives that improve productivity, performance, and quality
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability and availability of the entire platform
- Write and review code
- Uphold the highest standards of UI/UX and of software engineering generally.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer