This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Baby Destination is a funded startup with engineering offices in Delhi and Hyderabad. We are currently hiring for our engineering team working on our SAAS based product, 'Convosight'.
Convosight is the world’s first global data analytics SaaS platform for community admins. We are disrupting the way communities are managed, moderated and grown by using the power of data analytics and machine learning.
Job description for Data Engineer
We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- a Graduate/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- We are looking for a candidate with 2-3 years of experience in a Data Engineer role. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools such as Hive and Hbase and Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, Batch processing.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of Columnar and row-oriented databases
- Experience with various file format: Parquet, Avro, OCR
- SAAS Experience
- Previous Startup Experience
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer