This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Experience & skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer.
- Experience of managing the backend of a product at scale. We prefer MERN stack. But, if you are
- very good at other languages, that is also okay.
- Expertise in designing backend systems with an eye on efficiency, scalability and security.
- In addition to being good in backend technologies, a good knowledge of using AWS tools to
- setup, scale and monitor servers will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of devops is preferred.
- Design and maintain all of the backend systems to work optimally at scale.
- Act as a technical lead on projects by planning, estimating timelines and helping junior engineers
- complete their development on time.
- In addition, be open to act as a hands on coder when needed.
- Motivate and mentor junior engineers in the team to build a high quality product.
- Setup processes to ensure that the codebase is well structured. These processes can include peer
- reviews, code review by you (or other senior people).
- Work towards systematically reducing technical debt with time.
- Be a manager of one and help junior engineers to become a manager of one
- Come up with technical solutions to deliver high performing and scalable solutions to user's problems.
- Be open to working on MVPs on multiple platforms to test potential markets.
- Ask questions that expose flaws and gaps, while keeping an eye on the broader context.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer