This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Arboreum is the world's first company creating decentralized credit for everyday people. What does that mean? Unlike traditional credit where a loan is given by a bank or NBFC, in our framework we involve your informal "credit network" to participate in your loan through what we call a "credit-union"--that is an entity or a collective willing to take on some of the loan-risk on the borrower's behalf. Our whitepaper devises how the loan can then be subsequently filled by many thousands of AI-enabled agents who are transacting with each other on a global network. See more here.
We are combining the best of blockchains with everyday banking, because unlike other DeFi companies we have real, non-crypto customers who barely even know what the term means. We are focused on providing receivables financing to last-mile MSMEs, farmers, and other under-capitalized supply chains. In the not so distant future we envision a world of simple "embedded" credit where anyone can easily avail of a loan, and idle funds of investors' anywhere can safely accrue interest--all this without any bank or NBFC.
We are a seed-stage startup with three founders, each of whom have 5-10 years experience, have founded companies before, and have collectively worked at/studied at IIT, BITS Pilani, Wharton Business School, University of Michigan, McKinsey, United Nations, Xerox PARC, Consensys, etc.
What you’ll do
We are strongly supported by Algorand & Celo and they have provided funding to partly reimplement our existing tech on-chain and execute small-scale pilots. You will be working with founders who have extensive experience building regular, centralized back- and frontends and also some experience writing smart-contracts.
- Build dApp Frontend
- Smart contract planning, development, testing & deploying
- Auxiliary data management solution (user-data, kyc login, blockchain)
The CEO & CTO will focus on building the seed-community of borrowers & lenders (e.g. SMEs in Europe and South America), so for the most part this is a pure heads down & coding role.
- 3+ years of experience building software
- Full-stack Experience with JS/TS/NextJS (or similar framework), and Python
- Experience building dApps for Algorand, Ethereum or Celo (Solidity, Teal, or Reach.sh)
- Strong communication skills with respect to specs & code (good diagramming skills)
- Solid grasp of the existing DeFi landscape
- Experience working in a remote team
You might excel at this role if you:
- Have first-hand experience building and shipping full-stack applications
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy
- Salary depends on experience and location
- Equity depending on salary and other factors
- Flexible, paid time-off policy
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer