Full Stack Blockchain Dev at Trade Finance Startup (w/ equity)
Posted by Gaurav Singhal
Arboreum is the world's first company creating decentralized credit for everyday people. What does that mean? Unlike traditional credit where a loan is given by a bank or NBFC, in our framework we involve your informal "credit network" to participate in your loan through what we call a "credit-union"--that is an entity or a collective willing to take on some of the loan-risk on the borrower's behalf. Our whitepaper devises how the loan can then be subsequently filled by many thousands of AI-enabled agents who are transacting with each other on a global network. See more here.
We are combining the best of blockchains with everyday banking, because unlike other DeFi companies we have real, non-crypto customers who barely even know what the term means. We are focused on providing receivables financing to last-mile MSMEs, farmers, and other under-capitalized supply chains. In the not so distant future we envision a world of simple "embedded" credit where anyone can easily avail of a loan, and idle funds of investors' anywhere can safely accrue interest--all this without any bank or NBFC.
We are a seed-stage startup with three founders, each of whom have 5-10 years experience, have founded companies before, and have collectively worked at/studied at IIT, BITS Pilani, Wharton Business School, University of Michigan, McKinsey, United Nations, Xerox PARC, Consensys, etc.
What you’ll do
We are strongly supported by Algorand & Celo and they have provided funding to partly reimplement our existing tech on-chain and execute small-scale pilots. You will be working with founders who have extensive experience building regular, centralized back- and frontends and also some experience writing smart-contracts. Therefore we expect you to own the blockchain development environment, pipelines, and process.
- Build dApp Frontend
- Smart contract planning, development, testing & deploying
- Auxiliary data management solution (user-data, kyc login, blockchain)
The CEO & CTO will focus on building the seed-community of borrowers & lenders (e.g. SMEs in Europe and South America), so for the most part this is a pure heads down & coding role.
Medium-term we are certainly looking to bring on board a blockchain development & strategy lead. This role would include equity and be part of the company leadership. Ideally--if you’re keen--this person is you.
- 3+ years of experience building software
- DApp development (end-to-end) i.e. smart-contracts+ui (we can help with back-end)
- An engineer/technologist at heart with a bit of mathematical acumen
- Experience building dApps for Algorand, Ethereum or Celo (Solidity, Teal, or Reach.sh)
- Full-stack Experience with JS/ TS/ NextJS (or similar framework), and Python
- Based in a location where they can join calls in Europe during normal business hours
- Strong communication skills with respect to specs & code (good diagramming skills)
- Solid grasp of the existing DeFi landscape
- Experience working in a remote team
You might excel at this role if you:
- Are an entrepreneurial engineer that wants to grow into a leadership role at a startup
- Have first-hand experience building full-stack applications and shipping
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy
- TBD - Salary depends on experience but market competitive (~1 Lakh per month as a starting point)
- Equity definitely on the table (with 4 year vesting) depending on salary and other factors
- Flexible, paid time-off policy
We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. Look forward to meeting you!
If you're interested please send us the following here [team at arboreum dot dev]
- A brief introduction (with why you think you’re a good candidate)
- Your CV / LinkedIn
- link to a project of your choice on Github, or some other example of your work
- Flexible paid-time off policy
- Health Insurance
- Travel to Amsterdam (if needed)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer