Appsmith is a global open source project with users in 100+ countries. We are a low code platform used by companies to build internal enterprise apps. We are a fully remote organization building a distributed team across the globe.
Check out our GitHub repo at https://github.com/appsmithorg/appsmith.
The best companies in the world have the best internal applications which enable their employees to excel and be more productive.
In the future custom software developed for internal users will look and work no differently than the best out-of-the-box SAAS products of the future. Internal users will demand great UX, great customer support, and great reliability from their in-house development teams.
Appsmith is the easiest way to build polished custom internal applications. Our product will enable developers to build, deploy and maintain custom software quickly and painlessly. We’ll be the first port of call for developers when they are tasked with building internal apps because we’ll increase the speed of development, testing, and iteration by 10X.
What do we value?
- Above all, we value a growth mindset. As a team of learners, we read, talk to people and listen to feedback constantly. We love working with people who have strong opinions, weakly held.
- Self starters and ambitious people form the backbone of our team. Do you want to work on bigger projects? Are you comfortable setting large goals and then accomplishing them?
- We value consistency and reliability. For example, sticking to committed deadlines, showing up on time etc. We believe that predictability makes teams run a lot smoother.
- It’s the little things that matter. Attention to detail shows that we empathize with our users, our colleagues and anyone else that we interact with.
- Are you a practical optimist? Our founding team strongly believes in a better future. We believe in playing our part to make that future a reality.
What will you be doing?
At Appsmith, we believe that quality is a mindset. It not only ensures delight within our users but also gives us compounding returns on our engineering bandwidth.
As the QA manager, it is your responsibility to promote these beliefs within the entire team. You will challenge and hold the entire product engineering team to a higher standard. That’s how we grow. Being our first QA manager, we expect you to work with our CTO and not only be a champion of our user’s voices but also ensure that all features within the product work seamlessly. As a manager, you will be expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Build a team of distributed quality assurance engineers for effectively defining, developing and implementing QA processes across a variety of regions and time zones.
- Drive best practices for automation testing, test suite management and quality reporting. For a young product like Appsmith, this will go a long way in ensuring stability and robustness of the product for our users.
- Participate in weekly product releases because these releases help improve the lives of our users.
- Stay updated with new test strategies and testing tools.
- Create detailed and organized test cases and test plans for the entire team.
- Interact with our engineering, design, and development team to provide necessary inputs until you are confident that everything works as expected. We want you to validate the Appsmith’s features by putting yourself in our user’s shoes.
Must have skills
- 5+ years of QA experience on SaaS products with automation and manual testing
- Proven working experience in leading and managing team members in a SaaS or E-commerce product. Prior experience helps you effectively navigate the pitfalls of quality assurance and software testing life cycle.
- Automation testing experience in areas including API, UI, performance and scalability testing efforts
- Communication is the bedrock of good teams. As a manager you should be able to share feedback on features and processes with the rest of the team.
Please apply with your profile here : https://angel.co/company/appsmith/jobs/1263700-qa-manager
- Budget to set up your home office
- Self-education budget for books, courses, and conferences
- Flexible holiday schedule
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer