SDET (Software Developer Engineer in Test)
Appsmith is a global open source project with users in 100+ countries. We are a low code platform used by companies to build internal enterprise apps. We are a fully remote organization building a distributed team across the globe.
Check out our GitHub repo at https://github.com/appsmithorg/appsmith.
The best companies in the world have the best internal applications which enable their employees to excel and be more productive.
In the future custom software developed for internal users will look and work no differently than the best out-of-the-box SAAS products of the future. Internal users will demand great UX, great customer support, and great reliability from their in-house development teams.
Appsmith is the easiest way to build polished custom internal applications. Our product will enable developers to build, deploy and maintain custom software quickly and painlessly. We’ll be the first port of call for developers when they are tasked with building internal apps because we’ll increase the speed of development, testing, and iteration by 10X.
What do we value?
- Above all, we value a growth mindset. As a team of learners, we read, talk to people and listen to feedback constantly. We love working with people who have strong opinions, weakly held.
- Self starters and ambitious people form the backbone of our team. Do you want to work on bigger projects? Are you comfortable setting large goals and then accomplishing them?
- We value consistency and reliability. For example, sticking to committed deadlines, showing up on time etc. We believe that predictability makes teams run a lot smoother.
- It’s the little things that matter. Attention to detail shows that we empathize with our users, our colleagues and anyone else that we interact with.
- Are you a practical optimist? Our founding team strongly believes in a better future. We believe in playing our part to make that future a reality.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a skilled SDET (Software Developer Engineer in Test) with Python, Java experience. If you feel thrilled about working in a high-growth startup and love the idea of building automation into the test and development process, then this is the role for you!
Automation testing ensures that software products continuously meet a high bar of stability. It also ensures that the development team can move faster through fewer bugs. You will be responsible for driving this change within the team.
We would love to meet you if you have experience with automation frameworks (Cypress) and have a strong understanding of product development best practices.
Must have skills
- 3+ years of experience testing software through automation tools such as Cypress/Selenium/Jest/Mocha etc for a SaaS product. This experience helps you understand the software development life cycle and the pitfalls of buggy software.
- Appsmith’s client-side code is written in React. Your understanding of contemporary browser frameworks such as React/Angular will ensure that you are able to understand and communicate the nuances of the product with the rest of the development team.
- Software products are only as stable as the APIs they are built on. You should have a good understanding of RESTful APIs and should have worked on API testing tools like Postman before.
- You should be able to code comfortably in one of the languages - JS, Python, or Java. Most of the automation tools used at Appsmith are written in one of these languages. Familiarity with them will help you get started quickly within the team.
- As an SDET, being able to think like our developer users is critical to providing a great experience to them.
Please apply with your profile using this link https://angel.co/company/appsmith/jobs/1231913-sdet-software-developer-engineer-in-test
- Budget to set up your home office
- Self-education budget for books, courses, and conferences
- Flexible holiday schedule
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer