Posted by Vaishnavi (@appsmith)
The best companies in the world have the best internal applications which enable their employees to excel and be more productive.
In the future custom software developed for internal users will look and work no differently than the best out-of-the-box SAAS products of the future. Internal users will demand great UX, great customer support, and great reliability from their in-house development teams.
Appsmith is the easiest way to build polished custom internal applications. Our product will enable developers to build, deploy and maintain custom software quickly and painlessly. We’ll be the first port of call for developers when they are tasked with building internal apps because we’ll increase the speed of development, testing, and iteration by 10X.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for pushing the envelope on how software applications are built today. Any product that aspires to be a platform must always walk the fine line between simplicity of use and complexity of operations. As a frontend engineer, you will be tasked with the responsibility of treading this line and ensuring that the end product empathizes with our users and their needs.
Since this is a day-0 opportunity, you will also architect and design the front-end codebase to make it extensible, testable and modifiable in the future.
- You’ll work in a strong engineering culture with experienced and successful engineers.
- The founding team has built & sold multiple startups in the past that have been funded by Sequoia Partners, Accel Partners, and YCombinator. Here are our profiles: Abhishek Nayak, Arpit Mohan & Nikhil Nandagopal.
- This is a rare day-0 opportunity to build a global developer-focused product where you will get valuable stock options and a competitive cash compensation.
What do we value?
- Above all, we value a growth mindset. As a team of learners, we read, talk to people and listen to feedback constantly. We love working with people who have strong opinions, weakly held.
- Self starters and ambitious people form the backbone of our team. Do you want to work on bigger projects? Are you comfortable setting large goals and then accomplishing them?
- We value consistency and reliability. For example, sticking to committed deadlines, showing up on time etc. We believe that predictability makes teams run a lot smoother.
- It’s the little things that matter. Attention to detail shows that we empathize with our users, our colleagues and anyone else that we interact with.
- Are you a practical optimist? Our founding team strongly believes in a better future. We believe in playing our part to make that future a reality.
Must Have Skills
- A strong grasp of client-side frameworks such as React.js/Angular will be integral to your success.
- A strong working knowledge of HTML & CSS will ensure that you can create those pixel-perfect pages with ease.
- Being able to understand & design REST APIs is critical to ensure any reasonably complex functionality on the front-end.
- An ability to analyze problems critically and objectively will hold you in good stead. Better futures can only be built by questioning the status quo. We love working with people who do the same.
Nice to Have Skills
- Basic knowledge of server-side programming languages like Python / Java is a bonus. It’ll help you work seamlessly across the stack and also understand the complexities of a platform better.
- Basic knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL/PostgreSQL) or NoSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Open source contributions to any project is bonus.
- Bonus points for working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Rkt)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer