This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
VP Engineering for a bold, fast growing global Fintech startup
Posted by Sandeep Todi (@sandeeptodi)
Who we are?
Remitr is an early stage startup building a global payments product in the $600bn Remittances domain. We are group of entrepreneurs, bankers, geeks and marketers build a product in India for the world. We are focused on brining about changes to an industry which is dominated by legacy businesses and seeing emergence of strong technology play in recent times.
We are backed by some of the most awesome angel investors, many of whom are prolific entrepreneurs themselves.
Who are we looking for?
Our VP Engineering would be an out-of-box thinker who can lead technology from the front while keeping pace with the business needs as our Startup introduces new products, enters new geographies and expands our footprint globally with multiple service and technology partners.
Remitr is accelerating to grow its business in multiple countries with personal remittance and soon-to-be introduced products. You would lead the engineering efforts to build these products with a clear focus to solve customer pain-points and create the technology edge that creates a clear competitive advantage for Remitr.
You are someone who isn’t happy with the status-quo, who looks for innovation at every step in solving the customer pain point. Someone who has the maturity to understand and work in startup environment of constant flux and iterations, and isn’t daunted by lack of formal corporate structures.
Above all you are one who wants to build a beautiful product which will make everyone proud.
What do we expect from you?
As a VP Engineering we expect you to have:
- At least seven years of work experience, of which five years is on product development and engineering delivery
- Hands on experience with technology stacks like MySQL, NodeJS, AngularJS, Ionic Framework, Phonegap, Cordova
- Good understanding of Responsive UI, CSS and an aptitude to build great UX
- Ability to design elegant API frameworks
- Proficient with Git
- Familiarity with cloud deployments AWS/Azure
- Comfortable with Agile process
You would be expected to:
- Have an open mind to iterative development
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies in order to deliver the best
- Perform architecture and design reviews
- Interact with Product Managers and Business Users on a regular basis
- Plan, monitor and delegate
- Engage with external entities for technology integration, outsourced development, and performance monitoring
When you are working with Remitr, expect to make a dent in the universe. Be prepared to explore the unexplored, and be able to see order in chaos. Remitr has been a few months in the making and you will be part of the early foundation team.
What should you expect?
- Generous compensation
- Flat Organization structure
- Open work culture
- Strategy level engagement with leadership team
- Equity stock options as a reward for superlative performance
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home options
- Attending seminars and conferences
- Foreign travel as and when needed
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer