This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Posted by Adil Baig (@adilbaig)
Europe's fastest growing stock market SaaS application is looking for a Senior Backend Engineerto help us build out our next-generation financial analysis and trading platform. Stockopedia is a global stock-market analysis platform for private investors. We build tools that allow investors to make investment decisions with confidence.
The candidate will contribute to the design and development of the ground-up rebuild of the new Single Page Application. We're using Symfony 3, MongoDB and Cassandra among others. You will also be working with our vast financial database consuming and building RESTful APIs.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong individual contributor with ambition and ability to take ownership of deliverables. You will be working as part of small group of kick-ass technology and finance experts, spread across London and Bangalore. Finance knowledge is favored but not essential. Must be entrepreneurial minded with the resourcefulness to handle the job.
- 3-6 years experience working on a high-traffic portal using PHP5/7 and AngularJS.
- A good understanding of the complete HTTP request to response cycle.
- You are well versed in one RDBMS. We use MySQL/MariaDB.
- A strong practice of Unit Testing deliverables.
- Well versed in algorithms and data structures.
- Excellent written communication skills in English.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience scaling out systems. You understand latencies, optimization, and tradeoffs.
- Knowledge of MongoDB, Cassandra, Solr and Redis.
- Open Source contributors preferred.
- You display an initiative to own your code. Your code is clean, understandable and fast.
- You're willing to think through a feature from front-end to back and make appropriate design trade-offs.
- You're comfortable discussing complex technical topics with other experts.
- You're equally willing to learn from experts and teach others the craft of engineering.
- You like to own feature development.
This is an opportunity to work on a brand new platform from scratch. Your work will be visible the world over!
You will be employed in our Bangalore office (in Indiranagar).
If you're not located in Bangalore but you think you can be a great fit we'd love to hear from you. Selected candidates will have their relocation expenses paid.
If you like technology, this is a great place to experiment, prototype and execute new stuff. We encourage lateral thinking and creative problem-solving. If you have a favorite tool to solve a problem, we will encourage you to use it.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.