This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Technical Lead (Java)
Posted by kanika tyagi
AppDesk Services is looking for a Technical Lead who will lead a team of like-minded engineers using his/her skills to develop BI systems, analyze large data sets, solve various business problems, manage various operational processes, and code software that will help our partners and clients grow. The company will be working with partners from across the world by providing support and expertise to develop innovative solutions to problems faced in their respective sectors.
The ideal candidate is multi-talented across several fields: software engineering, product management, team building, business analysis, math, critical thinking, good business sense and great communication skills. This individual needs to be highly resourceful and intellectually curious with solid technical/analytical skills. The Lead must go beyond just running the numbers and be able to translate relevant information into actionable insights. This individual must strive to be well-rounded and good at many things from technical to business to operations to communication skills.
The base salary range below represents the low and high-end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards include quarterly bonuses, vested stock options, an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
The Technical Lead will have various responsibilities, including:
- Build and lead a team of Engineers to work on projects for clients around the world.
- Develop various software systems and dashboards for mining new business insights or to support new operational processes and to launch new products.
- Learn and develop product and project management skills, such as doing qualitative research on competitors, running and interpreting A/B tests, and managing various aspects of a project from start to completion.
- Partner with international clients on any initiatives or projects brought up by them.
- Conduct in-depth business analysis and investigation on a project-by-project basis
- Manage day-to-day business operations as needed.
Skills & Requirements:
- BA degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Math, or Statistics, or a related technical field.
- Minimum 4 years of experience programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, C++, C#, Python.
- Ability to work independently and mentor others.
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem
- Strong math, analytical, and business knowledge.
- Knowledge of Python and Java is required.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) or noSQL storage system.
- Great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and a genuine desire to learn new skills.
- Highly resourceful and a go-getter attitude.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with R, SAS, Matlab, or statistical modeling.
- Knowledge of machine learning.
- Ph.D., Masters, or advanced degree.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer