This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Backend Developer - 4+ years (Python, Java, Mysql)
Posted by Satish Basavaraj (@anyspaces)
AnySpaces is a trusted online marketplace for businesses to list, discover, and book unique spaces— available in a web version or as an App. Whether a high foot traffic location for a day, a targeted campaign for a week, or a retail presence for a month, the platform connects businesses to promotional spaces, at any price point.
And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, it's the easiest way for venue owners or managers to monetize their extra space and create activity and foot traffic in their centres.
Pop-up space, shops, and ambient media:
Types of casual spaces to list or book are pop-ups, shop-share spaces, vacant shops or static signage such as posters and decals.
How it works:
Bookers are small businesses, retailers or brands looking for short-term spaces for a pop-up promotion, to sell-off stock, source client leads, or advertise a message. Bookers set up their search criteria on the platform - such as price, location, size, and dates. Listers are venue owners or managers looking for short-term leasing of their promotional spaces.
You will have a real opportunity to innovate, productize, and iterate at start-up speed. In this role, you will take up significant technical ownership for Anyspaces in these areas: service architecture, product API development, data modeling, and more.
You personally exhibit a conviction that needs Anyspaces to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure your work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of your APIs and services to better understand real time health of your products 0.
- Break-down complex problems into solvable pieces of work for other Engineers
- Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs.
- 4+ years of experience working in a relevant software engineering role
- Expertise in designing highly-scalable and performant micro-services and storage layers using common frameworks, languages, and infrastructure (e.g. Java, Python, MySql, AWS, Docker)
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving team environment.
- Data-driven and strongly motivated by success and learnings through experiments and metrics analysis
- SaaS /Internet company background: web-based, hosted on Heroku or AWS. Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer