Back-end Developer (Node.js)
Posted by Shashank Jain (@amigogg)
A bit about us - Amigo
At Amigo, we help founders and business owners monitor their business in real time. We aim to empower the business and operations teams to be on top of their business. A typical digital business today uses more than 20 different systems to run their business. Being able to get a complete picture of your business becomes difficult when the data is spread out and gets updated on a delayed schedule.
The founding team members are IITD/IITKGP/IIMA alumni with a collective experience of 20+ years in the Indian tech ecosystem through key leadership roles in companies such as Zomato, Gaana, Matrix Partners India (VC), eBay, Dell, Schlumberger. They bring a full-stack business building experience across product, strategy, analytics, marketing and fundraising.
To really get this right, we need to understand the problems, reduce the complexity, and create simple solutions. And that’s where you come in!
Why this opportunity is interesting
You get the chance to work at the foundational stage of a business. You will literally own the initial tech-product quality. You get to hone your skills and grow faster than any of your friends. And you get paid for it.
So now, a bit about you
Without a doubt, since we are just getting off the ground, we move at a high pace. We are a young team, made up of high achievers and go getters, and we are keen for someone like minded to join our family.
Some of the key qualities we look for in an engineer are:
- Super high energy
- Excellent organisation & project management capability
- Structured thinking
- Ability to rapidly come up to speed with new technologies
- Produce work they’re proud of - Maintain a high standard of quality, producing clean, well structured code that implements effective paradigms. Cover all the bases - Consider edge cases during development and testing to ensure a robust system.
- Not a pushover and have an opinion - contribute valuable ideas towards solving problems, backed by good rationale.
- And finally, are willing to listen to others - is open minded and willing to learn.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Future founder: Someone who wants to start their own venture 2-3 years down the line would be ideal
- Excellent first principle problem solving skills
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills
- Someone who is flexible and adaptable - open to multiple & diverse problem statements
- Has a natural bent towards tech e.g. enjoys keeping tracking of the startup ecosystem or new business innovations
- Excellence showcased in prior projects or responsibilities
Your areas of expertise
The main focus of this role will be the development, maintenance and optimisation of our Backend API application.
To do well, you’ll need to have:
- Strong ability and experience developing complex, secure backend applications and APIs
- A feel for good code structure and design that is maintainable, understandable and reliable
- Excellent communication skills - to be able to work closely with product managers, designers, and other developers
- Experience working in a startup environment is a huge plus!
Desired Experience: 2-3 years
Salary range: ₹10-30 LPA
- Join immediately
- Full-time preferred
- We have a strict no-divas rule.
- If you think writing tests for your code, writing docs, doing customer support, etc are not your cup of tea, this isn't the right role for you.
As a developer you will be a core part of the development team, working with the product owner, designers, CTO and company founders. Your development work will have a big impact on the product.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer