Senior Rails Developer
Posted by Arpan CJ (@arpancj)
We are an experienced team of designers & developers who are building products that you love using. We have a great team and we work with some fantastic clients — we have worked with Swiggy, Dunzo, Myntra & many others to design & build fantastic user experiences.
Our team is expanding to handle new and interesting challenges. We are looking for an experienced Rails developer to join our team.
- Ruby on Rails
Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Rails codebase. Your primary focus will be server side development including but not limited to Rails, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Resque and other tools for server side development. You will also work with our team to define the development process and automate testing & deployment.
You should have:
- Experience in building production grade server applications.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD & Continuous Integration
- A good grasp of Object Oriented design patterns & principles
- A knack for writing clean, readable code
- In-depth Rails & Ruby knowledge
- Core Ruby knowledge including understanding of Meta programming and when it can be used and when it should NOT be used.
- In-depth understand of the Rails framework & libraries
- Background job frameworks like Sidekiq or Resque
- In-depth Postgres knowledge
- Design database schemas
- Understanding of new Postgres data types — features & limitations and when they should be used
- In-depth knowledge of
- RESTful APIs
- HTTP layer: sessions, cookies, authentication & authorisation, OAuth & CORS
- Caching with Redis or Memcache
- Queueing systems like RabbitMQ
- Efficient Analytical & debugging abilities
- Identify performance issues & bottlenecks
- Debug request cycle: http server, rails code, cache, database & other services
- Good communication skills both written & verbal
- Self management — ability to manage your role, your tasks and your time without needing supervision.
- An interest in learning & growing
- Ability to understand requirements and design & build a reliable solution.
- You will receive a competitive salary based on your experience & expertise.
- 3 weeks paid holiday
- Cheerful & encouraging work environment
- Work remotely or out of our office in Hyderabad (when it reopens)
- Work at your preferred schedule — some overlap with other team members is required.
- Access to our library of books & training materials. Additional books or courses can be purchased based on what you want to learn.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer