UI + Motion Designer
Posted by Tejas Bhatt (@tejas)
We’re looking for a kick-ass user interface and motion designer to join our small but mighty and cute four-member design team at 3 Sided Coin.
In this role, you will be:
- Crafting functional and elegant user interfaces for products and content / editorial experiences
- Prototyping in Protopie, or any equivalent platform
- Designing interfaces with motion in After Effects, Principle, or any equivalent tool
- Building design systems in collaboration with the rest of us
- Documenting both of ideas and the design journey, as well as final outcomes.
Look, we get it. This is where we’re supposed to tell you how great we are and oversell what should be simple policies. Period leave? We’ve had it for the last 5 years. Mandatory paid leave - well, why’s that even a big deal?
We work asynchronously in Slack, and are mindful of how many calls we schedule. We do thirty minute 1-1 calls bi-monthly to check in on how you’re doing.
We have amazing clients with spectacular ideas who have grown to the top of their domains.
If you’re impressed by awards - FroggiPedia, an iPad Augmented Reality product we designed for DesignMate, won Apple’s “iPad App of the Year 2018”.
What We’re Looking For
You should be open to new ideas and learning, bring a critical eye to the status quo, and craft rational designs that meet and exceed the product goals.
This position is open to all qualified candidates. We are always seeking to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace in terms of gender balance and representation of minority groups. Those considerations will apply.
- 2-3 years of experience. However, if you have been doing non-professional work for any number of years, we are happy to look at your folio. If you have more experience and feel this is an interesting gig, do write in.
- A relevant degree is nice to have, although definitely not necessary.
- A self-starter who can own their role and manages their time without supervision
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Can create high-fidelity designs and have shipped at least 3 products to show this.
- is skilled in motion design for User Interfaces
- Loves typography, fundamentals of design
- Uses Figma
- Draws inspiration and learns from different mediums of design, whether it’s architecture, print design, origami, fashion, et al; and other ideas and cultures
- Have an understanding of the implementation of design - in HTML/CSS or mobile technologies
Last but in no way least - we have fun with our work. We do seriously good work whilst taking ourselves not so seriously. You will work in a friendly yet mindful environment that accommodates introverts well.
As side hustles, we run a design podcast called Design Baithak and write about design. Recently, we made a 3d-focused project called Dessert Roz for ourselves, purely for fun, learning, and flexing. 💪🏾
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 3 weeks paid holidays
- A cheerful and enjoyable work environment
- Your own books and library budget (₹2000 per month)
- Work on your own schedule. We work 9-6. You don’t have to as long as you work a healthy number of hours and keep projects on track. An overlap of 4-hours with the team’s working hours is required.
You will get the time and appropriate resources to
- Create side projects
- Write about your work
- Attend conferences
- Hold training sessions
- Give talks
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer